Webinar on the Opportunities for EU & Japan Industrial and Innovation Cooperation in the Circular Economy for Strategic Metals
Co-organised by the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation / Belgium-Japan Association’s Innovation, Partnerships & Trade Committee
With both the EU and Japan looking to decarbonise society and achieve climate neutrality by 2050, demand for ‘strategic metals’ used in cleantech is increasing and securing these critical raw materials’ availability will be key to ensuring strategic autonomy and the resilience of post-covid industrial strategies. ‘Circularity’ is part of the solution and underpins the 2021 EU-Japan Green Alliance under which the EU and Japan will deepen their “policy dialogue and cooperation on supply chain sustainability, circular economy and resource efficiency”, collaborate in multilateral frameworks to seek “concrete action in support of a global just transition to a climate neutral, resource efficient and circular economy” and will “cooperate to develop principles on circular economy and resource efficiency for stakeholders such as businesses and investors”.
To that end, this webinar will build a bridge between the EU and Japan to share initiatives and strategies to realise the circular economy of strategic metals used to decarbonise energy and mobility and address the opportunities for EU-Japan industrial and innovation cooperation. The European Commission’s Directorate-Generals for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship & SMEs and for Environment, and the Japanese Ministries of Economy, Trade & Industry and Economy will address public policy actions and Processes4Planet, Flanders Metals Valley, University of Liège and the Japan Partnership for Circular Economy will address innovation and circular economy ecosystems.
This event will bring together policymakers, researchers and industry figures to identify the EU and Japanese policy instruments and industrial innovation methods that will nurture the circular economies for strategic metals and help the EU and Japan ensure a green transition.
1. Date and time: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 16:30 ~ 19:30 Tokyo (9:30 ~ 11:30 Brussels)
2. Language: English only (no interpretation)
3. Program: Click here
4. Detailed event information: Click here
5. Participation fee: Free
6. Registration: This webinar will be held online. Please click the following ZOOM link to register for participation. ZOOM registration link
7. Q & A: Questions can either be submitted in advance (via the “Questions & Comments” box on the ZOOM registration form) or during the event (via the “Q&A” button on ZOOM). Please note that due to time constraints it may not be possible to answer all of them.